Here are some updates and instructions for the day. PLEASE make note of the following changes and/or suggestions:
1. When you arrive at Make a Blanket Day, we will have helpers who will tote your supplies into the mall work area (in front of Bergner's). If you would like help - pull your car up to the mall entry door (the east side of the building next to Bergner's). A volunteer will unload your supplies for the day and take them to the work area while you are parking your car. When you come into the mall, simply locate your supplies and find a place to work. If you need help getting your supplies to your seat, we will have additional volunteers inside to help you get situated. It's so easy! Thank you so much to our supply toters!
2. Please note: Carol will NOT be attaching charms to bracelets at Make a Blanket Day. With 174 attendees and counting, we were afraid she would be blind by the end of the day - and she needs to drive home! So - we will still ask you to turn in your charm order form and Carol will put your new charms and connecting rings in a little bag. You can either attach them yourself when you get home or have someone else attach them. I'm sorry for this change, but Carol had so many charms to attach at our Fall event that during the entire day she never had a moment to look up. Our attendance will almost double at this event. Since she also takes care of the Project Linus items as well as the luncheon - we wanted to make sure that she comes back in the future! :-) Your understanding is most appreciated.
3. Don't forget to bring a Project Linus Project to work on. If you are not sure what to do - please bring a 1 1/2 yard piece of a kids print fleece and we have patterns with some finishing options. If you would like to learn to tie a quilt, please bring two 1 1/2 yard pieces of coordinating kid-friendly fabric and we have a simple envelope-style pattern you can make. We do have some bolts of fabric and batting that you are welcome to use. With 174 attendees, we are simply not able to supply everyone with a project.
4. We will be foundation piecing two blocks this year. One is our "Lotsa Pops" Quiltmaker Magazine block and the other is our Anniversary block. If you are not familiar with foundation piecing or just need some help getting started, Jana and Paula from Stewarts Sewing Machines will have an area located near the welcome table. They have an absolutely adorable quilt kit that they will have available if you are interested and they will teach you how to paper piece correctly - if you'd like some instructions. They have beautiful sewing machines that they will be bringing as well - so don't hesitate to visit their area and take a lesson!
5. Lunch will be served at 11:30am. We ask everyone to bring a snack, salad or dish to pass and we will provide the main dish, water and a few extra goodies. Our "lunch" will be served in the first store on your left as you enter the mall. You may leave your food there when you arrive or you can bring it in before 11:00am.
6. You will not go home empty-handed! :-) We have door prizes, special drawings, Boo-Boo Kids awards and welcome packets for those pre-registered. For everyone over 18 years old who pre-registered you will have the opportunity to enter a drawing for a Babylock Quilter's Choice Sewing Machine donated by Stewart's Sewing Machines!!!!! THANK YOU to Jana Wrigley and Stewart's for this GENEROUS donation!
7. We have seating for 200 attendees - first come, first served. Make a Blanket Day is from 9am - 3pm and you are welcome to arrive any time AFTER 8:30am.
8. Team 35 will be selling tickets for their gorgeous raffle quilt. Tickets are $1.00 each - and the proceeds will go toward the purchase of more blanketmaking supplies for our next event! THANK YOU TEAM 35!!!
9. Don't forget about our Boo-Boo Kids display. Invite your friends and family to visit the display on Friday or Saturday and vote for their favorite quilt! It's $1.00 per vote or 6 for $5.00. Again, all proceeds will go toward the purchase of more blanketmaking supplies! The quilts are absolutely beautiful again this year - with the theme "To the Rescue". 2010 kits will be available at Make a Blanket Day. The kit is $5.00 if you have never made a Boo-Boo Kids quilt. If you have, the kit is free. We have an adult category and a kids category - so everyone is welcome to make a quilt for 2010. The theme is... "Wish Upon a Star"!
10. When do we have an uninterrupted 6 hours that we can spend doing what we love to do! Be sure to leave all your troubles at home and join us for an exciting day of blanketmaking fun!
Cheryl and I want to thank each of you for all of your help! We would not have been able to serve the children of Central IL over the past 10 years without each of you.
Happy 10th Birthday Project Linus Central IL!
See you Saturday!
PS - if you are available at 8:45pm on Thursday evening February 26th, we could use some help hanging the Boo-Boo kids quilts. Please join us in front of Von Maur. The more help we have, the faster we get the job done! Thank you!
Set-up on Friday evening will begin at 9pm. If you can help, we would love to have you! Thank you!